Inspired from the famous French Toast, today I am sharing a quick savoury version of an egg toast here. I’ll keep this post precise and straight away start with the introduction of this recipe.
Power House Breakfast with Eggs – Nutritional Facts :
- Eggs are a well known source of proteins and said to contain disease fighting nutrients – good for bone health and immune system.
- The vegetables of choice enriches the dish and provides wholesome nourishment to the body. My choice of vegetables for this one include Spinach & Indian Cottage Cheese (Palak & Paneer).
- Spinach is an extremely nutrient rich vegetable that contains carotenoids, Vitamin C and Vitamin K, Folic acid, Iron, Vitamins B6, B9, E & more.
- Cottage Cheese is a milk based product, so, is rich with Calcium, Vit A, B12 and Proteins.
- You get the energy of carbs and dietary fiber from the bread.
- And a little turmeric never hurt anyone rather, rich in Curcumin it is known for its healing and anti inflammatory properties. Rich in antioxidants.
List of Ingredients :
- Eggs – 4
- Spinach(chopped) – 1 cup
- Cottage Cheese (grated/crumbed) – 1/2 cup
- Green Chilli – 1
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Butter/Oil – 1-2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder -1/2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Black Pepper – as per preference
- Bread Slices (Wholewheat/Milk) – 4
- In a bowl, crack the eggs, add milk and whisk well.
- Next, take the chopped spinach, chili, cottage cheese and coriander leaves and add them to the egg mixture along with all the dry spices and seasonings.
- Heat a non stick pan and grease with butter/oil. Keep the heat medium to low.
- Dip a slice of bread into the egg mixture and coat it from both sides. Carefully lift it from the bowl and place it on the heated pan. (Do not soak the bread in the egg mixture for long unless you are using a bread with a hard crust)
- Add butter to the base of the toast that is being cooked, pour some egg mixture on top of the toast to cover it well.
- Gently flip the toast and let it cook on the other side as well.
- Repeat the same for all the slices and serve hot !
Enjoy this power breakfast and share your pictures or comments on it. TheContentSpace!