I have been MIA from the blog for various reasons but I am back and super charged up to be sharing loads and loads of new content here.
Now, I had baked a brownie on father’s day this year and a got asked about the recipe by so many people. Thus, here I am sharing my ultimate brownie recipe. I have reached this recipe after going through a lot of kitchen conundrums.
A heads up on the recipe, I like my brownies to have a flaky cracked top layer, fudgy and soft on the inside, rich and chocolaty. For those who prefer a more cake like texture they’ll have to add more flour and less fat to achieve it. This recipe is not vegan thus, if you add olive oil/coconut oil as a replacement to butter; you will end up with a different recipe; which is totally fine by the way provided you enjoy it.
So, let’s get baking !!
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 4 tbsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Dark Chocolate – 1 cup
- Fine grain sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Walnuts (optional) – 1/2 cup
Note : For eggless baking, substitute with 1 cup of greek/hung yogurt.
- In a pan, melt butter and chocolate carefully and let the mixture rest at room temperature.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl – Flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- For the wet ingredients, start by cracking the two eggs in a bowl and add sugar and vanilla to them. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add the chocolate and butter mix to the egg mixture. ** Make sure the chocolate has come down to room temperature before adding it to the eggs.
- Now, mix the wet and dry ingredients together with the help of a spatula. Do not overmix it. At this point add the walnuts as well.
- Transfer the brownie mix to a greased tin. The batter will be thick but, should be transferable. If not, add some milk using a teaspoon to achieve the right consistency.
- Bake the brownie at 180 degrees for 30 mins in a preheated oven.
- When baked, cool the brownies to room temperature on a wire rack and serve warm with ice creams or enjoy with cup of coffee.
I have zeroed down this recipe after several attempts. These are the brownies I had always wanted to make; hope you enjoy baking them as much as I do. Hope you would give this recipe a try and share the images with us on our Social Media links. 🙂