Couple of months back, I started off with the idea of creating content that revolves around food and fashion. Somewhere in this period, I have had moments where I expected my set of blog posts to run on the internet like those by established food and fashion bloggers.
It is always good to dream big, but, my passion got overpowered by the pressure that comes while building a blog. Constantly fearing being judged and compared. So much so that in this short period, at one point I was reconsidering my decision to blog.
During the ‘me time’, it occurred to me that how quickly I had jumped onto the negativity around instead of keeping my composure. Does that happen with you too?Thankfully, the negative energy sailed away post the self encouraging session and I am working with an open mind now. Giving my work the required time and effort that helps it grow. Rebuilding myself with the motive : Learn, Share & Grow; one step at a time.
Accepting and appreciating yourself and others around you requires you to be in a comfortable and peaceful state. Yes, everyone has their own way of feeling comfortable and in control. Today, on the blog I am sharing one of the ways I bring comfort into my personal space in times of anxiety. With food !!! (no surprises there :P)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (50-70% dark) – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Stick/powder – 1 inch piece/ ½ tsp
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Salt – a pinch
- In a pan, heat 1 cup milk with cinnamon stick in it to infuse flavour and bring it to boil.
- Lower the flame and add cocoa powder and whisk the powder well making sure no lumps are formed.
- Next add sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix well on low flame till sugar dissolves completely.
- Turn off the flame and your drinking chocolate is ready. Top it with whipped cream/marshmallows and enjoy it warm.
I had toasted marshmallows with mine. One may add different flavours to their hot chocolate such as peanut butter, salted caramel or peppermint. Or make it rich by adding half cream and half milk while preparing. It totally depends on what one is in the mood for.I went for the easiest one that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients and is quick to make when you want to relax with a book or netflix.
Share in the comments, what heals you like chocolate ?! 🙂